Creative Writing Concentration
"Every time I read Pride and Prejudice, I want to dig her up and hit her over the skull with her own shin-bone."
- Mark Twain on Jane Austen
Requirements for the Creative Writing Concentration
Students who wish to Major in English with a Concentration in Creative Writing must complete all major requirements. Of the six English electives that are required for the major, however, at least five must be from the following creative writing offerings:
- EH 391 (Fiction Writing I)
- EH 392 (Fiction Writing II)
- EH 393 (Creative Nonfiction I)
- EH 394 (Creative Nonfiction II)
- EH 395 (Poetry Writing I)
- EH 396 (Poetry Writing II)
- EH 483 (Advanced Fiction Writing I)
- EH 484 (Advanced Fiction Writing II)
- EH 485 (Advanced Poetry Writing I)
- EH 486 (Advanced Poetry Writing II)
- EH 487 (Screen Writing I)
- EH 488 (Screen Writing II)
- EH 497 (Advanced Creative Nonfiction I)
- EH 498 (Advanced Creative Nonfiction II)
Our Creative Writing Faculty
Frye Gaillard | USA Writer in Residence
Specializes in Southern culture and history.
CB 128 | 460-7559 | email@example.com
Linda Busby Parker | Visiting Asst. Professor of Creative Writing
Specializes in creative writing and the processes of contemporary publishing.
HUMB 253 | 460-6146 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick Sturm | Visiting Asst. Professor of Creative Writing
Specializes in American literature and avant-garde aesthetic theory and practice with
an emphasis on poetry and nonfiction.
HUMB 277 | 460-6149 | email@example.com