Departmental Committee Assignments 2017-18
note- the committee assignments for 2018-19 will be posted after the start of the Fall 18 semester
Advisory: FELDVOSS (3), Wang (2), Byrne (1)
- Examine department by-laws in regards to policies and procedures. Some of them need to be changed, particularly those related to formulation of departmental committees.
- With input from faculty, lead the task of developing
- Long-term goals for the department that are in line with the university and college goals.
- Annual objectives for the department.
- Hiring strategy to fill vacant positions.
- List of departmental needs and strategies to fulfill them
- Faculty performance evaluation criteria as requested by the department chair and implementing it.
Assessment: PROKHOROV, Lioi, Whiston
- Complete all assessment for year 2016-17 by September 1 (including DS).
- Prepare and submit the assessment plan for 2017-18 by the end of September (including DS).
- Discuss results and plans with the department.
- Coordinate and compile assessment results from core courses.
- Compile and analyze pretest and posttest results (where appropriate) .
Colloquium: FELDVOSS, Mishra, Shoenbaum
- Manage department colloquiums and seminars.
- Organize Mishra Memorial Lectures.
- Maintain colloquia/seminar information on the department website. Advertise them.
Computer: WANG, Byrne, Kosovalic, Armstrong
- Manage software licenses for the department
- Oversee requirements of computer labs.
- Develop a plan to update technology in classrooms.
- Make recommendations about technology needed for teaching and research.
Curriculum: DASINGER, E. Pavelescu, Lewis, Whiston, Lioi
- Work with Assessment Committee on determining the means of assessing coverage of sufficient applications in Calculus and DE sequence and reporting of it.
- Update all course syllabi on web.
Graduate: PILLEN, Bindele, A. Pavelescu, Colarusso
- Develop a proposal for expanding graduate program by increasing the number of Graduate students in the program and the number of course offerings.
- Coordinate efforts for recruiting more Graduate students.
- Coordinate efforts for obtaining more funding to support the graduate program.
- Collect information about potential employers for math/stat graduates and what they expect from these students.
- Track our past graduate students (for SACS report)
Library: COLARUSSO, Barnard, Beyarslan
- Oversee development of Library holdings.
Outreach: JONES, Clontz, Dey, Holshouser, Webb.
- Liaison with Bishop, MCPSS, and peer departments regarding coverage and presentation of mathematics courses.
- Coordinate departmental recruiting efforts in the local high schools and regional universities in association with Student Affairs Committee.
- Develop polices for more faculty involvement in newly developed Academies in MCPSS high schools.
Scholarship: STRAUB, Adams, Mishra, Neal
- Coordinate selection procedures with Student Affairs Committee and recommend students for departmental Scholarships/Awards.
- Oversee Nash competition.
- Identify and encourage students to apply for different scholarships. Help Students with the application process.
- Maintain online scholarship records and update requirements.
Social: Waites, Bolerjack, Fisher, Maae, Pereira De Andrade
- Organize holiday party, end-of-year picnic, and other social events in the department as needed.
Student Affairs: CLONTZ, Abeynanda, Darby, Jones, and (student rep Camille White )
- Revive USA Chapter of Math Honor Society
- Organize departmental representation and display at the “USA Day” on Sep 30, Nov 18, and Mar 3
- Organize activities for Mathematics Awareness Month (April)
Dept Mid-probationary Review, Promotion, and Reappt Committee Chair: WANG
Tenure and Promotion Sub-committee:
- Bindele: WANG, Pillen, Prokhorov
Mid-probationary Review Subcommittees:
- Lewis: CARTER, Pillen, Prokhorov
- A. Pavelescu: PROKHOROV, Pillen
- E. Pavelescu: CARTER, Prokhorov, Byrne
- Straub: PILLEN, Carter,
Promotion to Senior Instructor Committee:
- Whiston: BYRNE, Pillen, Carter
- Abeynanda: BRICK, Byrne
- Adams: PILLEN, Carter,
- Armstrong: CARTER, Brick, Byrne
- Beyarslan: FELDVOSS, Byrne, Prokhorov
- Bolerjack: FELDVOSS, Carter, Brick
- Chilukuri: Byrne, Feldvoss
- Clontz: PROKHOROV, Pillen, Mishra
- Colarusso: PILLEN, Feldvoss, Carter
- Darby: Byrne, Brick
- Dey: MISHRA, Feldvoss, Wang
- Farmer: MISHRA, Wang
- Holshouser: BYRNE, Carter, Prokhorov
- Jones: PROKHOROV, Brick
- Kosovalic: BYRNE, Carter, Pillen
- Lin: BRICK, Feldvoss, Mishra
- Lioi: FELDVOSS, Brick, Mishra
- Neal: BRICK, Carter, Mishra
- Waites: MISHRA, Brick, Wang
- MA110: Dasinger MA120: Brick
- MA112: Farmer MA125: Lin
- MA113: Chilukuri ST210: Lioi