Superconductivity, dynamics of superconducting vortices, transport properties of nanowires, self-assembly and growth of film and nanostructures.
- Ph.D. University of Kansas, 1999
- B.S. University of Kansas, 1989
- "Flux quanta drive by high-density currents in low-impurity V3Si and LuNi2B2C: Free
flux flow and fluxon-core size effect," A. A. Gapud, S. Moraes, R. P. Khadka, P. Favreau, C. Henderson, P. C. Canfield, V. G. Kogan,
A. P. Reyes, L. L. Lumata, D. K. Christen, and J. R. Thompson,Physical Review B Vol. 80, p. 134524 (2009).
- "On narrowing coated conductor film: the emergence of granularity-induced field hysteresis of transport critical current," A. A. Gapud, D. K. Christen, R. Feenstra, F. A. List III, and A. Khan, Superconductor Science and Technology Vol. 21, No. 7, p. 075016 (2008).
- "Enhancement of critical current density of YBa2Cu3O7-δ thin films by self-assembly
of Y2O3 nanoparticulates," S. K. Viswanathan, A. A. Gapud, M. Varela, J. T. Abiade, D. K. Christen, S. J. Pennycook and D. Kumar, Thin Solid Films Vol. 515, No. 16, p. 6452-6455 (2007).
- "High-Performance High-Tc Superconducting Wires," S. Kang, A. Goyal, J. Li, A. A. Gapud, P. M. Martin, L. Heatherly, J. R. Thompson, D. K. Christen, F. A. List, M. Paranthaman
and D. F. Lee, Science Vol. 311, No. 5769, p. 1911-1914 (2006).
- "Grain and grain-boundary critical currents in coated conductors with noncorrelating
YBa2Cu3O7 and substrate grain-boundary networks," A. Palau, T. Puig, X. Obradors,
R. Feenstra, A. A. Gapud, E. D. Specht, D. M. Feldmann and T. G. Holesinger, Applied Physics Letters <strongstyle="line-height: 1.428571429;">Vol. <strongstyle="line-height: 1.428571429;">88, No. 13, p. 132508-3 (2006).
- "Temperature and field dependence of the flux-line-lattice symmetry in V3Si," M. Yethiraj,
D. K. Christen, A. A. Gapud, D. M. Paul, S. J. Crowe, C. D. Dewhurst, R. Cubitt, L. Porcar and A. Gurevich, Physical Review B (Condensed Matter and Materials Physics) Vol. 72, No. 6, p. 060504 (2005).
- “Enhancement of flux pinning in YBa2Cu3O7-δ thin films embedded with epitaxially grown
Y2O3 nanostructures using a multi-layering process,” A. A. Gapud, D. Kumar, S.K. Viswanathan, C. Cantoni, M. Varela, J. Abiade, S.J. Pennycook, and
D.K. Christen, Superconductor Science and Technology 18, 1502 (2005).
- “Electrical transport, magnetic, and structural properties of the vortex lattice of
V3Si in the vicinity of the peak effect,” A. A. Gapud, D. K. Christen, J. R. Thompson, and M. Yethiraj, Physical Review B Vol. 67, 1 April 2003, 104516.
- “Electrical transport, magnetic, and structural properties of the vortex lattice in superconducting V3Si,” A. A. Gapud, D. K. Christen, J. R. Thompson, and M. Yethiraj, Physica B, Vol. 329-333P2, June 2003, 1363 - 1364.