All students in the College of Education and Professional Studies are required to purchase LiveText, which is a learning outcomes assessment system.
While meeting accreditation standards, the ultimate goal of the College’s assessment system is to ensure that we provide our students with a high quality educational experience whereby graduates will be positioned to succeed as future educators.
In September 2017, LiveText joined forces with two other companies, Taskstream and Tk20, to integrate operations, resources, and human talent to better serve higher education. With a shared vision of empowering institutions to better use their data analytics for improving learning, they created a new company – Watermark.
Taskstream, Tk20, and LiveText were each pioneers in the field of learning technology for over 20 years and known well to their partners for high levels of customer support and effective assessment technologies. The new brand Watermark has been designed to convey the company’s commitment to providing trusted technology and educational intelligence needed to improve student learning outcomes at all levels.
One can visit the new corporate website, www.watermarkinsights.com, though all LiveText website URLs will remain active through Spring 2018 semester. All existing login pages will also remain active and include information about the new name and brand. At the conclusion of the Spring 2018 academic term, we will update the branding in the header area of all respective applications. You will receive more information before that occurs.
Purchasing a LiveText Key Code
- Students can purchase a LiveText Key Code for a 3-year term at a discount price on
LiveText’s website using a credit/debit card: https://www.regonline.com/usa3yearFEM
- Click on Register, then on Purchase Membership.
- Students can purchase a LiveText Key Code on the USA Bookstore website for a 3-year term license using credit/debit card, financial aid, or scholarship funds: http://usabooks.collegestoreonline.com/.
Follow this link to the USA Bookstore Textbooks page - Find Your Textbooks
•Select SPRING 2018 from the Term box on the left
•Click on EDU-EDUCATION in the scroll box
•Select course 000
•Click on LIVETEXT
•Click the Find Books button to view item information and add to your cart.
Please call (251) 460-7137 if you require assistance with this purchase.
NOTE: Students who are completing their program this academic year and who need to purchase their LiveText License for Spring and/or Summer 2018 only, should contact Dr. Alla Zakharova at the CEPS Assessment Office at (251) 380-2863.
Registering a LiveText Account
- Go to www.watermarkinsights.com and click on Login/Sign Up.
- Click LiveText button and select Register Membership.
- Enter the 16-character key code that was emailed to you after you purchased your LiveText license.
- Register Your Student Membership. Please complete your profile to the best of your ability. Name, Date of Birth, and Jagmail and personal email addresses are required fields. Enter your Jagmail as the primary address.
- Create Your LiveText Membership Account. You will be prompted to create a unique username and password. When creating a username, the name will be compared to all LiveText users. If you receive the message “Username is already taken,” you will have to modify your username.
- Select a security question from the dropdown menu. This may be used in the username/password recovery process.
- Select the Terms of Service check box and Click on Register My Membership Account to complete the registration process.
- After successfully completing the registration process, LiveText will display a screen with your newly created username and password. Your login information will also be sent to the personal email address provided during account registration.
NOTE: Your LiveText account will be integrated into the Sakai Learning Management System (LMS) with a single-sign-on protocol. Once you log into your Sakai course, as a registered LiveText user, you will be able to go directly to your LiveText account by simply clicking the LiveText link on your left side Course Tools menu in your online courses.