Master of Education in Elementary Education
"Children have real understanding only of that which they invent themselves." ~ Jean Piaget
Elementary Education M.Ed.
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Elementary Education is a 30-hour fully online program that provides advanced study for teachers who already hold the Class B Professional Elementary Education (K-6) Certificate. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for the Class A Professional Elementary Education (K-6) certificate.
REQUIRED ITEMS TO SUBMIT TO THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
(Application will be considered incomplete until all items are received.)
- The Application for Admission to the Graduate School.
Application and all supporting documents must be received prior to the semester of entry deadline. Application and semester deadlines are available at http://www.southalabama.edu/admissions.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended since high school, regardless of whether credit was earned.
- Passing score on 1) Evidence of passing Praxis score that was required for initial Class B certification in area OR 2) score on either MAT or GRE (including the Analytical Writing section).
- Copy of valid Alabama Class B Professional Elementary Certificate.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to your scholarship and/or professional abilities.
- Two page narrative on your career goals and purpose for graduate study.
Rebecca McMahon Giles, Ph.D.
Ph: (251) 380-2899