Professional Sales and Marketing Club
"A market is never saturated with a good product, but is very quickly saturated with a bad one." - Henry Ford
Bring your passion to PSMC
Marketing is passion, imagination, and ideas - all wrapped into a great campaign.
The goals of the Professional Sales and Marketing Club are:
- To heighten the awareness of the importance of the selling function in organizations;
- To broaden students’ perspectives on the attractiveness of sales and marketing careers across a wide range of profit, non-profit, and governmental organizations;
- To offer a forum that fosters increased professionalism in sales and marketing; and
- To provide opportunities for students to interface with sales and marketing professionals in this region.
The core values of the Professional Sales and Marketing Club are:
- Ethical behavior
- Honesty and integrity in sales and marketing
- Continuous improvement
- Commitment to excellence in sales and marketing
The Professional Sales and Marketing Club will accomplish its goals through:
- Development and implementation of a Club strategic plan
- Regularly scheduled Club meetings
- Field visits to sales and marketing organizations
- Annual Sales Symposium
- Speakers from industry
- Community service projects with a sales and marketing focus
- Sales career workshops
- Occasional attendance at local, state, and regional sales and marketing meetings
Selected Activities and Programs
- Health Care Sales Symposium
- Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company – ‘Branding and Market Segmentation Strategies for a Microbrewer’
- Cintas Corporation – ‘Anatomy of a B2B Sales Call’
- Sherwin-Williams Corporation – ‘Developing Marketing and Sales Strategies’
- Participated in a regional sales competition – Bayou Sales Classic – Nicholls State University. PSMC plans to participate in additional regional and national sales competitions.
- Plant Tours – planned tours of the Alabama Port Authority, Cintas Corporation, and other sales, service, distribution, and manufacturing organizations in the Mobile area.
- Community service projects on campus and in the broader Mobile community.
- Fundraising programs throughout the academic year.
Contact Dr. Alvin Williams, Advisor at email@example.com / 251-460-1792.