Guide For Students
Requirements For Graduate Students
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Official Academic Transcripts.
- Three Letters of Reference.
- Statement of Purpose.
- GRE (General GRE Test Scores must be submitted International Students: (TOEFL or IELTS required
- TOEFL (Test scores of at least 525 on the paper version, 197 on the computer version, or 71 on the internet version required)
- IELTS (Test score of at least 6.0 required)
For Graduate Students
Students completing the application, you must submit a $50 USD processing fee.
For Undergraduate Students
For students completing the online admissions application, you must submit a $35 USD processing fee. This fee is payable through a US bank, sent to the Office of Immigration and International Admissions. Applications received without the processing fee will not be reviewed.
For students completing the paper admissions application, you must submit a $45 USD processing fee. This fee is payable through a US bank, sent to the Office of Immigration and International Admissions. Applications received without the processing fee will not be reviewed.
Readmission For Graduate and Undergraduate
For students completing the readmission application, there is no processing fee required.
Former USA undergraduate students who have missed a minimum of one calendar year must use a USA Readmission Application to avoid paying application process fees.
If you have submitted an application and paid an application fee within the past year, you do not need to submit an online application. You can download the paper application at USA Application here and fax or mail to the address provided. This will help you to avoid paying another application processing fee.
If you have specific questions about your application status, please call (251) 460-6050 or
International Students Application Deadlines
- Fall Semester (August) June 15
- Spring Semester (January) November 1
- Summer Semester (June) April 1
Where to Send Documents:
Letters of reference and statement of purpose should be mailed to Admissions at the following address:
USA Office of Admissions
2500 Meisler Hall 390 Alumni Circle
Mobile, AL 36688-00002
Once the application is complete (all required documents and information are received), Admissions office sends the application to the School of Computing admissions review committee. Please direct questions regarding the admission decision to the Director of SoC Graduate Studies.