- Where are you from? Montgomery, AL
- What is your major? International Relations & Information Technology
- What languages do you speak? I speak English and am currently gaining fluency in Korean.
- Where have you traveled in the U.S. and abroad? Within the states I have traveled to Florida, Georgia, and outside the U.S. I have
traveled to Mexico, and studied abroad in South Korea.
- What do you like to do when you are not studying? When I'm not studying I enjoy playing videogames, reading, listening to music, and
watching action movies.
- Why did you want to be a peer mentor? I wanted to be a peer mentor because I believed it was a great opportunity to make
new friends, but also better my communication skills. I love meeting and interacting
with people from all parts of the world, so becoming a peer mentor really allows me
that opportunity to connect with others, and gain a better understanding for other
- Where are you from? I was born in Wisconsin and raised in Mobile, AL.
- What languages do you speak? English, and Mandarin Chinese
- Where have you traveled in the U.S. and abroad? I have studied abroad in Shanghai, China. I have also traveled domestically to
Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee,
Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin. I'm hoping this winter break I can study abroad once
- What do you like to do when you're not studying? I like to play video fames, listen to music, read books, and watch movie and television
shows when I'm not studying.
- Why did you want to be a peer mentor? I want to be a peer mentor because I understand the struggle of not knowing anyone
on campus. I feel that by being a peer mentor,I am not only helping the students but
I am also helping myself become a better person.
Blakely Kenzie Barnes
- Where are you from? Leroy, AL
- What is your major? I am an English major.
- What languages do you speak? My native language is English, but I am currently learning French and Russian.
- Where have you traveled in the U.S. and abroad? I have only traveled to the southeast of the U.S.
- What do you like to do when you're not studying? I enjoy reading, writing, crocheting, and exploring new places.
- Why did you want to be a peer mentor? I love working with international students! Not only do I
enjoy helping them learn English, but I also love learning words from their home language.
Exchanging music and culture is fun in this setting – it’s more personal than in a
regular classroom setting.
- Where are you from? I am from Ocean Springs, Mississippi.
- What is your major? My major is Speech and Hearing Sciences.
- What languages do you speak? I speak English.
- Where have you traveled in the US and abroad? I have been to California, Nevada, Main, New Hampshire, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia,
Florida, North, Carolina, Massachusetts, New York, and Louisiana. Outside of the
U.S. I have traveled to Mexico and Germany.
- What do you like to do when you're not studying? I love to run, play any type of sport, hangout with friends and family, and most
importantly hangout with my dog Bronco!
- Why do you want to be a peer mentor? I love meeting new people and helping people. I also believe I will learn from being
a mentor and I would love to be the best I can be in my future career as an SLP. I
am very excited for this opportunity.