ACT Summer Institute
The ACT Summer Institute at USA is here to help you achieve your academic goals for college admission and scholarship opportunities with success on the ACT.
The ACT Summer Institute at USA consists of 20 hours of classroom instruction covered in an intensive one-week format. The Summer Institute features instruction from an ACT test preparation expert and extensive online review tools. This comprehensive program focuses on not only subject matter, but other components that lead to success; including: Test Taking Strategies, Question Formats, Math, English, Reading Comprehension, and Science Reasoning.
Through the ACT Summer Institute you will receive an in-depth review of exam materials, strategies for succeeding on standardized tests, and a comprehensive study plan. Students also receive access to online review sessions and open office hours in the time leading up to the fall test dates.
- Practice techniques for selecting numbers for problems containing variables
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multistep problems
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items
Test Taking Strategies
- Use the process of elimination
- Master time management skills
- Minimize test anxiety