As an integral component of the National Association of College and University Residence Halls, Incorporated (NACURH), the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) strives to recognize the top 1% of student leaders living in college and university housing at NACURH member schools. NRHH encourages the development and continued commitment to leadership within the areas of recognition, community service, and scholastics on the local, regional, and national levels.
The National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) is the premiere honorary supported by the leading national organization advocating for the interests and welfare of residence hall students, while also providing opportunities for their personal growth and development. NRHH strives to provide recognition for individuals who have contributed to the advancement of college and university housing. It ensures the advancement of member chapters through resource sharing, programming, and leadership development opportunities to contribute and support the vision of the National Association of College and University Residence Halls, Incorporated.
NRHH is a national honorary dedicated to recognizing those individuals and entities who work to improve their residence hall, campus, and/or community. Membership into this organization is very limited in the fact that entry is only available to the top 1% that live on campus nationwide. In short, to get into this organization is a great honor. The minimal requirements for entry are as follows:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0
- Lived at least one (1) full semester in the residence halls (can include semester at another institution)
- Currently living in the residence halls
- Demonstrate outstanding service to the residence halls
- Display leadership potential in your residence halls and in the community
- Must have no serious record of misconduct on campus and/or within USA Housing
- Willingness to commit to meetings once a month.
- Assist in the selection of monthly award winners and preparations for new member recruitment and induction ceremony
- Act as a role model for other students in their academic pursuits and willingness to accept leadership roles
New Membership Selection Timeline:
- 2017 Date TBA - Nomination Forms due by 5PM
- 2017 Date TBA - Nomination notification sent to nominees
- 2017 Date TBA - Applications due by 5PM
- 2017 Date TBA - Interview notifications sent to candidates
- 2017 Date TBA - Candidate Interviews
- 2017 Date TBA - New Member invitations announced
- 2017 Date TBA - Induction Ceremony