Room Registration Schedule 2016
SAME ROOM TYPE
(NOTE: If you do not register for your same space by Tuesday, February 16th your space may not be available)
- $150 FALL 2016 Prepayment Due - March 7th
- $150 SUMMER 2016 Prepayment Due - April 17th
Room Registration is the process that allows current residents the opportunity to choose their room type for the 2016-2017 academic year, as well as Summer 2016.
All current residents with a zero ($0) housing balance are eligible to participate in room registration.
Yes! You should participate in Room Registration and reserve a space. If you decide to live on campus you will only need to make the $150 prepayment by the posted deadline since you have already registered for a room.
You will need to go to your PAWS account and enter the secure area. After entering your JAG number and Pin number:
> select Student Services & Financial Aid
> select Housing
> select Current Residents - Priority Room Registration
> select term (Summer 2016 or Fall 2016/Spring 2017)
> then select the appropriate option (see Navigating the System on this page).
Current housing students have priority over new incoming housing students. Current residents requesting to stay in the same room type will have first choice of their current space. Followed by Graduates/Seniors; Juniors; Sophomores; Freshmen (see schedule above).
Yes! Residents must first register for a space (using Option 2) and then wait list any additional room types he/she is interested in.
Yes! You will need to select Option 7 – Get Roommate Code to give to your requested roommate (must be a current resident) and have him/her enter it under Option 3 when they register.
Yes! Since Priority Room Registration has ended, you will need to go to your PAWS account and register as a “New Student”. Select New Students - Apply For Housing in PAWS.
No. Since financial aid will not be disbursed until August, all students, including financial aid and scholarship recipients, are required to pay the prepayment by March 7th to activate their contract and reserve their space.
Contract cancellation received by: 5/31/2016 - $50.00 charge; 6/1 – 6/30 - $75.00 charge; 7/1 – 7/31 - $100.00 charge; after 7/31/2016 – $150.00 charge.
All cancellations must be in writing and sent to Housing & Dining (can be submitted online in PAWS). Contract cancellation charge will be deducted from $150 prepayment where applicable.
- Apply on time – You can't participate in Room Registration if you miss the deadline. The Room Registration schedule assigns your registration time window based on your current classification (i.e. freshmen, sophomore, etc.). Familiarize yourself with the schedule in advance so you'll have every opportunity to be successful!
- Know your options – We have a wide variety of residence halls, room types and communities. Learn more about our Residence Halls and Room Types in advance. Be prepared to choose your top housing preferences without hesitation.
- Have a plan – Know how the system works. If you have specific roommates in mind for next year, coordinate with them in advance about housing choices and which one is going to register first to obtain the "Roommate Code." Be familiar with the steps for the system to obtain a "Roommate Code." It's a good idea to have a list of alternative options that are acceptable to you (and your roommates) in case your first choices are not available.
- Follow through – Once you have a plan, follow through on it. Know when your housing selection window is. Be sure to confirm your reservation by making your $150 prepayment by the deadline.
- Convenience. Close walk to classes and free JagTran transportation service.
- Resources. Easy access to Residence Life staff and Maintenance (available 24/7)
- It’s Hassle Free! Rates include campus post office box, electric, water/sewer, heat/air, expanded basic cable TV, Ethernet and Wireless Internet access, garbage service, pest control, 24/7 maintenance response service, accommodation furnishings, and unlimited access to laundry facilities.
- Better Business. 9-month, individual contracts, rent billed to university student account, no extra rent to pay if your roommate leaves, and contract release available for semester away or December graduation (see contract for details).
- Community. Make friends that last a lifetime!
- Leadership Opportunities. Residence Hall Association, clubs, and student position possibilities.
- No Need to Cook. Eat healthier, we do the cooking!
- Graduation. Studies show that students who live on campus are more likely to graduate
- The College Experience. Once you graduate, it’s gone!