The Office of Institutional Effectiveness’ mission is to develop, support, evaluate, and document the extent to which the institution engages in a cycle of planning, budgeting, and assessment that drives continuous improvement in institutional quality and demonstrates that the University is accomplishing its mission.
Areas of Focus:
- Strategic Planning including development of the University’s strategic plan and alignment of planning activities throughout the University.
- Institutional assessment of USA’s strategic plan and support for quality assessment in administrative and academic units.
- Academic assessment of the University’s General Education student learning outcomes and support for quality assessment in academic programs.
- Institutional survey program to gather information about the perceptions and experiences of faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community members that might inform improvements in the University.
- Student Evaluation of Teaching
- Class Climate maintenance and technical support
- Tracdat maintenance and technical support
Other areas of responsibility:
- Center for Academic Service Learning and Civic Engagement
- Administrative policy alignment and communication
- Faculty Handbook
- Academic Affairs Bulletin Content
- Academic Calendar
- Alabama General Studies Curriculum (AGSC)
- Department Chair Professional Development
- Quality Enhancement Plan