International Travel and University Agreements

Secondary banner


International Travel Registration       International Agreements      

International Travel Registration

All international travel by faculty and staff should be registered with OIE. Please see the information below to begin your travel registration process.

**To fill out the form electronically, please open it using Adobe or a similar program.  The file will not save if opened in a browser tab.**

International Travel Registration Form - This is the first step in the international travel registration process.  Faculty will go through the regular permission to travel process required by the University.  Once you receive feedback from OIE, you will include it with your official request for leave, absence, or travel and submit to the appropriate department, college, or administrative unit for approval.

Please visit University Travel for additional information and regulations on international travel.

Please visit the Office of Research Compliance and Assurance for Export Control information.

International Agreements

USA partners with universities throughout the world to facilitate student exchange, conduct research, keep up with academic trends, and share innovations.

A partnership may be codified through an agreement known as a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), an International Exchange Agreement, or other specific international agreement. The MOU is a broad agreement in which USA and a partner express an intention to engage in cooperative academic or research activities.  The IE agreement involves a specific commitment for cooperative international academic and research activities, usually related to student or bi-lateral exchange. Other agreements may be necessary to create dual degree or other programs.

The Office of International Education, in conjunction with academic departments and the University Attorney, will facilitate the process of reviewing and approving international agreements.  If you are interested in developing an international agreement or partnership, please contact OIE for more information.