Office of Public Relations
The University of South Alabama Office of Public Relations leads the planning, creation
and implementation of the University’s marketing, publications, and media and public
relations initiatives, and is responsible for USA’s brand management goals, policies
and processes. The office reports directly to the Office of the President and supports
both academic and health care divisions through messaging, event planning and print,
digital and broadcast media relations. The office communicates the University’s identity
to prospective and current students, alumni, parents, donors, supporters, and the
The office develops marketing and communications strategies and plans; oversees branding, marketing and visual identity policies, and oversees the efforts of internal and external individuals and organizations that communicate the university’s message and identity, including all academic, non-academic and administrative units.
Office staff are available to collaborate with campus offices and departments to develop and implement marketing and communications initiatives. Our team provides direction, expertise and services that create and sustain a comprehensive and coordinated communications and marketing program for the University, and help all units of the University achieve their goals and objectives.
To request assistance with a project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The work of the Office of Public Relations includes:
- Consultation on, and implementation of, media events and press releases, external marketing plans, communications and public relations initiatives.
- Creation of brand standards.
- Creation and oversight of external University advertising
- Creation of print projects and publications for administrative and academic departments.
- Media Relations events, press releases, crisis communications, and media inquiries.
- Editing, writing, proofreading, photography and graphic design services.