Student organization advisors play a central role to the success of student organizations. It is important for advisors to be equipped with the tools and knowledge to be able to advise to the best of their ability. These roundtable sessions allow advisors to:
- Understand identity the varied roles, responsibilities and expectations of student organization advisers.
- Apply principles of group dynamics to groups they advise.
- Be equipped to provide training and resources for colleagues engaged in student organization advising.
- Identify and apply appropriate strategies to resolve conflicts and problem within an organization or with an individual advisee.
- Discuss the value of a learning centered student development approach to student organization advising.
- Identify challenges with, and strategies to, advising multi-cultural and identity-based student organizations.
More information will be sent to advisors through email closer to each date! Check our Google calendar for roundtable dates!
This leadership series aims at assisting in the development of our student organization presidents. A variety of topics will be discussed at each session and suggestions for topics are always welcomed. These sessions will be offered twice per semester and are highly recommended!
Information on these sessions will be sent out to your Jagmail account closer to each date. Check our Google calendar page for roundtable dates!