Dr. Khandokar Mohammad Istiak
Dr. Istiak’s research interests include macroeconomics, monetary economics, and financial economics.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Calgary, Canada
- M.A. in Economics, University of Arizona
- M.S.S. in Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- B.S.S. in Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
"Psychological factors of Canadian and Mexican tourists and the US tourism sector" Tourism Economics (2022), in press.
"Risk, Uncertainty and the Tourism Sector of North Africa." African Development Review 33(2) (2021), 329-342.
"Risk, Uncertainty, and Leverage." (with A. Serletis). Economic Modelling 91 (2020), 257-273.
"Impact of US Policy Uncertainty on Mexico: Evidence from Linear and Nonlinear Tests." (with Md. Alam). Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance 77 (2020), 355-366.
"The Nature of Shadow Bank Leverage Shocks on the Macroeconomy." The North American Journal of Economics and Finance 50 (2019), 1-12.
"Economic Policy Uncertainty and Real Output: Evidence from the G7 Countries." (with A. Serletis). Applied Economics 50 (39) (2018), 4222-4233.
"Monetary Policy and Leverage Shocks." (with A. Serletis). International Journal of Finance & Economics 22 (2017), 115-128.
"Financial Intermediary Leverage Spillovers." (with A. Serletis). Research In International Business and Finance 39 (2017), 1000-1007.
"Are the Responses of the U.S. Economy Asymmetric to Positive and Negative Money Supply Shocks?" (with A. Serletis). Open Economies Review 27 (2016), 303-316.
"A Note on Leverage and the Macroeconomy." (with A. Serletis). Macroeconomic Dynamics 20 (2016), 429-445.
- BUS 705 Seminars in Business Analytics (Ph.D.) - Guest Lecturer
- ECO 590 Economic Business Analysis (M.B.A.)
- ECO 535 Forecasting Business Dynamics (M.B.A.)
- ECO 453 Introduction to Econometrics (Undergraduate)
- ECO 316 Intermediate Macroeconomics (Undergraduate)
- ECO 216 Principles of Macroeconomics (Undergraduate)