Dr. Kelly Collins Woodford, J.D.
Associate Dean and Professor of Management Management
Dr. Woodford's research interests include Wage and Hour Law, Employment Discrimination Law, Labor Law, and Teaching & Learning Scholarship.
- J.D. Georgetown University Law Center
- B.S. Spring Hill College
- Woodford, K. (2016). Per Diems: An Easy Tax-Free, Overtime-Free Way to Pay Employees Assigned to Distant Work Sites or a Potential Source of Significant IRS and DOL Trouble? Labor Law Journal/CCH-Wolters Kluwer, 67(4), 540-548.
- Woodford, K., Woodford, T. J. (2015). Avoiding Union Organizing of Micro Units Following Specialty Healthcare - A Management Perspective. Labor Law Journal/CCH-Wolters Kluwer, 66(4), 197-214.
- Chow, A., Woodford, K., Lambe, N. (2014). Using Project Deliverables and Project Management for Timely Completion of Student Projects. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences, 5(3), 7.
- Woodford, K., Icenogle, M. (2014). Terminations While On Family & Medical Leave:.Labor Law Journal/CCH-Wolters Kluwer(65(1)), 20-30.
- Woodford, K., Woodford, T. (2013). In S. Smith (Ed.), The Fair Labor Standards Act: The HR Liability Issue of 2013 (May 2013 ed., vol. 3, pp. 48-55). Birmingham, AL: HR Alabama/SHRM Alabama State Council. al.shrm.org/sites/al.shrm.org/files/2013_HR_Magazine.pdf
- Chow, A., Tressler, A. S., Woodford, K. (2013). A Comparison of Control Charting Applications for Variable Sample Sizes in Service. Journal of Business, Industry and Economics, 18(1), 109-125.
- Chow, A., Finney, T. G., Woodford, K. (2012). Perceptions of Performance: Do Learners Understand as Well as They Think? European Journal of Training and Development, 36(5), 544-561.
- Baker, F., Chow, A., Woodford, K., Maes, J. (2012). Applying Continuous Improvement Techniques to Instructional Design Technology (IDT) for Greater Organizational Effectiveness. Organization Development Journal, 30(1), 53-62.
- Lambe, N., Chow, A., Finney, T. G., Woodford, K. (2011). A Practical Approach to Teaching the Aspects of Plant Closing in an Undergraduate Operations Management Course. Journal of Contemporary Management Issues, 16(2), 105 - 121.
- Chow, A., Woodford, K., Maes, J. (2011). Deal, or No Deal: Using Games to Improve Student Learning, Retention, and Decision Making. International Journal of Mathematics Education in Science, 42(2), 259-264.
- Woodford, K., Finney, T. G., Chow, A., Lambe, N. (2010). The Forgotten Topic - Teaching Plant Closing to Executives and Graduate Students. Journal of Executive Education, 8(1), 73-86.
- Chow, A., Finney, T. G., Woodford, K. (2010). Training Design and Transfer: Contributions of Six Sigma. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 59(7), 624-640.
- BUS 265 Legal Environment of Business I
- MGT 311 Legal Environment of Business II
- MGT 452 Employment Law
- MGT 490 Special Topics – First Amendment and Business
- MGT 490 Special Topics – Current Legal Issues in Business
- MGT 532 Legal & Ethical Environment of Business