Handshake Virtual Career Fair Attendance Instructions
Career fairs will be either virtual or in-person. For those virtual they will be hosted within the Handshake platform. For maximum success follow the steps below.
- You must register for the career fair as well as any individual and group employer sessions in advance.
- You can only attend the sessions you register for in Handshake.
- Registration closes when a session begins or reaches capacity.
- Check out this article to learn how to register.
- Watch this video on locating and registering for career fairs
- Update your profile. Some employers set qualifications to define which students can register for their sessions.
- To ensure you qualify for employer sessions, make sure you have filled out the following
fields on your profile:
- School year, major and GPA, which can be found on your profile
- Work authorization status, which can be found on the Privacy & Settings page
- Double-check your technology.
- You’ll need an internet connection, speakers, microphone, and a supported device.
- Learn more about technical requirements for virtual fairs here.
Whether the career fair is virtual or in-person, business professional attire is highly encouraged and a minimum of business casual attire is required. Employers formulate opinions about our USA student and alumni body based upon professional appearance and demeanor. Your professional presentation reflects positively on you and the university!
- Remember to update your resume. Visit Resume Writing for helpful information on resume writing to assist you in making the best first impression and beyond.
- Consider scheduling an appointment with a Career Services advisor for a resume review before the career fair.
- Check out this page on Career Fair Preparation.
- Expert Tips For Rocking Your Handshake Virtual Career Fair
- 3 Essential Virtual Career Fair Tips from Employers
Please contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 460-6188, if you have any questions.