The Community Director (CD) position is a graduate assistantship within the department of Housing at the University of South Alabama. The Community Director position is a live-in senior staff member responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a community that ranges from 200 to 500 residents. The Community Director supervises the paraprofessional staff consistent with the university mission to develop a safe, student centered, living-learning environment; the environment should foster student growth, leadership development, diversity, and multiculturalism as well as personal, spiritual, cognitive, emotional and academic success. The Community Director position is supervised by an the Assistant Director of Housing who provides overall community management and direction.
Please browse our CD Recruitment Guide for a full description. For questions or additional information, contact Dr. James Bridgeforth, Director of Housing at (251) 460-6185.
The Summer Housing Assistant is considered a student assistant position and appointments are made on a temporary basis each summer. To find out more, including additional requirements and qualifications review the full SHA Position Description. If you still have questions after viewing, please contact Amanda Freyaldenhoven, Chair of the SHA Selection Process at email@example.com or (251) 460-7584.
SUMMER 2016 SHA SELECTION TIMELINE
- March 21, 2016 – SHA applications due by 5PM
- March 22, 2016 - Applicants able to select interview time
- March 28-April 1, 2016 – SHA Interview Days
- April 8, 2016 – All applicants notified of selection status via email
- April 22, 2016 - SHA Meeting for selected applicants
2017-2018 DA INTEREST SESSIONS
Attend one of these optional sessions for more information
- Feb 12th @ 8 PM - New Hall Classroom
- Feb 13th @ 8 PM - Epsilon 1 TV Lounge
2017-2018 DA SELECTION TIMELINE
- 2/17/17 - Applications due by 5 PM to the New Hall Community Office
- 2/22/17 - All applicants notified of application status via JagMail (invitations for interview sign-up will be included)
- 3/03/17 - Interviews
- 3/20/17 - All applicants will be notified of selection status via JagMail
- 3/23/17 - DA Welcome Meeting in NH Classroom (4 PM)
- 4/08/17 - DA Training (10 AM - 4 PM)
The summer Facilities Assistant (FA) is a student assistant position within Housing Facilities at the University of South Alabama. The Housing Facilities team serves to support the day to day operations of the USA Housing Facilities. The Facilities Assistant is supervised, hired, and trained by the Coordinator of Housing Facilities & Services.
To find out more, including additional requirements and qualifications review the full FA Position Description. If you still have questions after viewing, please contact Monica Davidson, Chair of the FA Selection Process at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 460-7655.
SUMMER 2017 FA SELECTION TIMELINE
- March 6, 2017 (Monday) – Priority Application Deadline
- March 7, 2017 (Tuesday) – Eligible Candidates will receive a link via email to submit their schedule of availability for interview week
- March 10, 2017 (Friday) – Eligible candidates will receive an individual email to confirm their interview time, date, and location
- March 20-24, 2017 (Monday-Friday) – FA Interviews
- March 31, 2017 (Friday) – All FA Selections announced via email
USA Housing is currently accepting applications for dynamic, dedicated, and enthusiastic students who are interested in becoming Resident Assistants at South.
The interview process for the Resident Assistant position occurs early each spring semester (see timeline below). All communication regarding your candidacy will be sent to your University email account (JagMail).
The RA Application Packet includes the full position description and fill-able application (available soon). If you still have questions after reviewing this document, please contact Amanda Freyaldenhoven, Chair of the RA Selection Committee, at email@example.com or (251) 460-7584.
Attending an Interest Session is a great way to learn more about the position and all that it entails (see dates below). You must attend one (1) interest session to be an eligible candidate. We look forward to your candidacy!
2017-2018 RA INTEREST SESSIONS
- 11/6/16 (Sun.) – New Hall Classroom @ 6:00 PM
- 11/7/16 (Mon.) – Stokes Hall Classroom @ 9:00 PM
- 11/8/16 (Tues.) – Stokes Hall Classroom @ 9:00 PM
- 11/9/16 (Weds.) – Stokes Hall Classroom @ 7:00 PM
- 11/10/16 (Thurs.) – Epsilon 1 TV Room @ 9:30 AM
- 11/14/16 (Mon.) – Beta/Gamma Commons @ 9:00 PM
- 11/15/16 (Tues.) – Fresh Food Co. Conference Rm @ 12:30 PM
2017-2018 RA SELECTION TIMELINE
- December 2, 2016 – RA applications due by 5PM
- January 9, 2017 – All applicants notified of application status via JagMail (invitations for interview sign-up will be included)
- January 20, 2017 – RA Individual Interviews
- January 21, 2017 – RA Group Process Interviews
- February 13, 2017 – All applicants notified of selection status via JagMail
- March 2, 2017 – RA Placement and Signing Day Event (4 - 5:30 PM)