Office of Academic Assessment
The Office of Academic Assessment leads the College of Education and Professional Studies' assessment and accreditation efforts. The CEPS assessment system must strategically and effectively address a wide spectrum of standards, including the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), the State of Alabama, American Psychological Association (APA), the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and the mission of the University of South Alabama.
Collaborating closely with CEPS faculty, administrators, and staff, as well as with USA campus partners, the Office designs, develops, and implements innovative methodologies for assessment of student learning. Resulting data are central to the process of continuously improving faculty teaching and student learning. Students are defined as those whom the College serves directly, P-12 students served by educational institutions, and others who engage in teaching and learning in our community and region.
Below are some links to organizations that deal with assessment, accreditation, educational research, and evaluation.
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Alabama State Department of Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs
- American Psychological Association
- American Educational Research Association
- Society for Research on Educational Effectiveness
- Consortium for Research on Educational Assessment and Teaching Effectiveness
- American Evaluation Association