What is the Jag Card?
Jag Cards are the official identification card for currently enrolled USA students. Students must present one form of photo ID (driver’s license, non-driver identification, passport, etc.) and current class schedule to get their Jag Card.
How can my Jag Card be used?
- Meal plans
- Attend USA sporting events
- Access to Recreation Center
- Check out materials at the University Library
- Access to some residence halls
- Get newspapers via the Campus Readership Program
- Make purchases at Mobile area merchants in accordance with the Jag Cash off-campus program
- Purchase discounted tickets through Jaguar Productions
- Access to Student Center computer lab
Where can I use my Jag Card Off-Campus?
You can use your Jag Card at some places Off-Campus with JAG CASH.
What is the difference between Bonus Bucks, Dining Dollars, and Jag Cash?
- Bonus Bucks is money that is tied to the purchase of a meal plan. It is your “Bonus” for buying a meal plan. They do expire at the end of the school year. You can NOT add additional Bonus Bucks.
- Dining Dollars is money that can be used at on-campus dining locations only. They DO NOT expire until graduation.
- Jag Cash is money that can be used at on-campus dining locations, off-campus locations that participate in the Jag Cash program, USA Bookstore, and Jaguar Productions. They DO NOT expire until graduation.
|Buffalo Rock Vending||Various Location on Campus|
|CVS Pharmacy||4453 Old Shell Rd.|
|CVS Pharmacy||7081 Airport Blvd.|
|Hungry Howie's Pizza||5611 Old Shell Rd.|
|PDQ||116 S. University Blvd.|
|Rite-Aid||6400 Airport Blvd.|
Simply open the “Payment” tab in the Uber app then select “Add Payment,” pick the correct campus and follow through the GET authentication process. Voila!
Caring For Your Card
Avoid Physical Damage
The easiest way to damage the card is to abuse it physically. To avoid this problem, we strongly suggest that you:
- Always store your Jag Card in a protective sleeve.
- Avoid storing your Jag Card in a location or manner that will result in bending or scratching the card. For example, you should avoid storing your Jag Card with credit cards with raised numbers.
- Never punch holes in your Jag Card. Even if you manage to avoid damaging the magnetic strip, holes quickly lead to cracked and broken cards.
- Do not expose the Jag Card to temperature extremes. Avoid having your Jag Card go through a washing machine or dryer. Also, do not use the Jag Card as an ice scraper! It will crack.
Avoid Electronic Damage
The magnetic strip on the back of the Jag Card is encoded with information at the time the card is printed. This encoding can be damaged by exposure to electrical or magnetic fields. So you should avoid storing or exposing your cards to cell phones, computers, appliances, or other electronic or magnetic devices.
If for some reason, you have weakened or otherwise damaged the magnetic encoding on your Jag Card, you can bring it to the Jag Card Office and we can attempt to re-encode the card. However, we will only attempt this if the card meets the following conditions:
- It's your most current Jag Card
- It has no physical defects (cracks, holes, etc.)
- The magnetic strip is not worn or scratched
- There are not a lot of stickers on the card.
Although it often works, there is no guarantee that attempting to re-encode your Jag Card will restore its functionality. If the process fails, you will need to purchase a replacement card for $5.